Thingy of the day

The question is not how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. The question is: what dance are they doing?

Friday, June 4, 2010

An essay on emptimess

Many Shades Of White

Nobody knows the nothing I have seen,
nobody knows my boredom.

Dreary days, when nothing changes, all the time washes up in your basement,

All the clouds drift, and all your thoughts slip,
into a slowly shifting maze,

And you start to categorize the apathy passing by,
until it flows away.

Because boredom comes in flavors, after a while you start to savor
all the different doldrums you can taste.

All the days they stick together, like wispy birds with paper feathers, drifting towards a milky way.

and my brain cells start sleeping, the dreariness keeps on keeping
all the words I never said, and never say.

there's too much gloomy light, and there's many shades of white,
and they all blend into another shade of gray.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely metaphor oh Captain my Captain... wispy birds with paper feathers.

    This sounds like a perspective from someone damned to Shadowtown. I'm glad I don't live there, and love peeking into that world.

    ReplyDelete